TikTok is one of the most downloaded apps in 2020. According to the statistics, TikTok has more than 738 million downloads, an increase of 13% compared to the previous year.
In this guide, we will discuss what TikTok is, who uses it, and how to promote your brand in 2021. Without delay, we will start now!
What is TikTok?
TikTok is one of the popular social media apps which helps to create your content through video formation. You can also share the video with your friends and colleagues. The total duration is between 15-60 seconds. The major advantages are you can add the effects, theme, music, sounds along with excellent captions.
Chinese tech Bytedance obtained Musical.ly in 2017. In August 2018, it had merged with its existing social media that’s called TikTok. Now, TikTok is available in 155 countries and 75 languages.
According to the sensor tower report, TikTok has grown each quarter except in India.
TikTok hit 1 billion downloads in Feb 2019 and finally reached 1.65 billion downloads at the end of the year. China is TikTok’s biggest spender with 69% of the market share, followed by the US with 20%, and the UK with 2%.
TikTok Content Types:
TikTok is a top-rated app between teens and twenties. TikTok allows you to create your own content such as comedic, challenging videos, awareness, etc.
Here we listed out the type of content you can use:
- Music Videos: Most people lip-sync content with their own style when someone posts the original content.
- Visual effects: Most creators make the visual effects, sounds, filters, text options, and adding overlays.
- Hashtag Challenges: TikTok users can add hashtags to identify their posts. These hashtags challenges are similar to the other social media platforms. If you want your content to become viral, create unique hashtags.
- Duets: TikTok has an excellent option to make a video with other content. It’s the easiest process and reaches more & more audiences.
When it comes to TikTok engagement, there are a lot of different estimates.
TikTok engagement is calculated by the total number of likes, comments, views, followers, and shares. If someone is attracted to your videos but aren’t your followers yet, they will now start following your TikTok profile.The total number of TikTok followers is a main factor that impacts engagement rate. Having very less followers for your TikTok account can be a reason for either stagnant or declining engagement for your TikTok videos. Just enhancing your videos with special effects and fun elements might not bring consistent engagement. Now, you need to take a stand to buy TikTok views to increase visibility of your videos and gain popularity in a short time. Remember, when the number of views is higher, you will probably gain new followers and more organic engagement for your videos.
Who is TikTok for?
TikTok can be used for everyone. But, these days Generation Z and the youngsters have utilized the platform most. Based on the eMarketer, TikTok users are between 13 to 22. And also, you can get further data from Ape App reveals. The total number of TikTok users is 55.6% are male, and 44.4% are female globally.
Most brand users are using TikTok to promote their brand and get more audience. Nowadays, TikTok is a well-suited application for brands.
Here is the major reason why TikTok for brands:
- You can promote your products visually.
- Your target audience is younger than 35
- You can make a fun, entertaining, and challenging content
- You can easily connect with your audience
Hence, brands on TikTok have been tremendously successful at using the platform to generate brand awareness, and also they come from different niches.
- Food outlets